It is said.. “If you thrive for Excellence … You Get It..”
Mr. Ashutosh Pathak, Geologist - Mochia Mines at Zawar, and the geologist team went for a training programme on "Mineral deposit evaluation: Resource estimation, classification and reporting" held at Hyderabad from 17th to 20th April'17. The training also saw participation from organizations like Tata Steel, NMDC, GSI, MECL, IMFA, etc. to name a few.
To understand the level of technology the mining companies are using, the faculty raised many questions. These pertained to software used in mining industry and exploration equipments. Mr. Ashutosh Pathak has informed that Hindustan Zinc was the clear leader in all the present gallery of industries as Hindustan Zinc was the only company to have:
1. Mineral reporting as per CRIRSCO guidelines and we use JORC code, which is rare in the industry.
2. Use of advanced geological software like Data-mine and leap-frog for geological modelling as Hindustan Zinc is the first company in the country to introduce leapfrog.
3. Using high drilling capacity rig known as MCR first time in India for underground exploration drilling.
4. Using Geo stat tool very effectively for mineral estimation at every mine location of Hindustan Zinc.
5. Using best EDA techniques to ensure the reliability and accountability of database to create final reserve and resource estimates.
6. For R&R reporting a code being generated in India.
Other team members included – Mr. Vivek Tyagi (AM Geology – Kayad), Mr. Pankaj Choudhary (AM – Geology –SK Mine), Mr. Anand Pandey (Geologist – CRDL) and Mr. Biswajit Basak (Geologist – Zawar).